The Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation & Automated External Defibrillation Course is designed to train individuals and company staff that require training in basic life support and automated external defibrillation.
This course will provide the necessary skills to manage a patient that is unconscious and not breathing normally until the arrival of the emergency services.
This course meets the guidelines of the UK and European Resuscitation Councils for Basic Life Support and the use of an AED.
The course can be reduced to 3 hours 15 minutes if basic Life Support training has been received in the preceding 3 months.
This course is mapped to the learning outcomes of the Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation.
• Principles of First Aid
• Cardiac Arrest • Emergency Management Procedure
• Care Cycle
• Scene Survey
• Exposure Protection
BASIC LIFE SUPPORT
• Primary Survey, Recovery Position and Reassessment
• CPR Adult (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
• Alternative Ventilation Procedures
• Adult Choking
AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATION
• AED Algorithm
• Chain of Survival
• AED Use on Adults and Children
• Chest Preparation and Electrode Pad Placement
• Handover to Advanced Care
• Patient Report Form (PRF)
• Equipment Checks and Troubleshooting